Tuesday 29 May 2007

Conscious comment

'True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. ' - Socrates

Like most people who start a blog, for some time now I've been meaning to write something down in order to organise and channel my thoughts on the world as I perceive it and the things I reflect on from day to day. This could be it.

Whether I have anything to add to the multitude of voices that already colonise the world wide web is extremeley doubtful (the first 10-15 ideas I had for a blog name were already taken). Whether I post regularily will probably be down to how much time I have to put aside for such things. Considering how long it's taken me to even get started, it will probably be an uphill struggle. Whether anyone else ever reads this remains to be seen.

Whatever form this takes though, I hope that I will be able to provide something readable and thought provoking. If you wish to comment yourself on any of the posts I make please do. The only comment I will moderate will be that which is abusive or unpleasant. I wish to encourage those with views other than or contradictory to my own to challenge or enlighten me as they see fit. The most important part of learning about life is being able not only to see something through anothers eyes but to be able to accept that you may be wrong and they may be right.

No comments: